At Instructure, we believe in the power of people to grow and succeed throughout their lives. Our goal is to amplify that power by creating intuitive products that simplify learning and personal development, facilitate meaningful relationships, and inspire people to go further in their educations and careers. We do this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome.
Who we need:
We are looking for someone who enjoys managing multiple, fast-paced projects to customize our products and meet customers' specific needs.
What we do:
We bring to life our clients' vision for enhancing learning by building custom applications/solutions that go beyond our core software offerings.
What you will be doing:
* Manage projects to deliver multiple concurrent custom software solutions in scope, on time, and on budget.
* Build stellar relationships and create positive and predictable customer experiences by continually understanding customers' needs, providing proper context, and setting clear expectations.
* Work with external and internal stakeholders to refine technical and functional requirements, control scope, manage risk/accountability, communicate status, and facilitate user acceptance testing.
* Interact with a wide variety of internal teams including our team of UI/UX designers, software engineers, and quality assurance analysts; sales reps; customer success managers; and our support team.
* Own and maintain reporting of projects' data in various systems (SalesForce, JIRA, Asana, etc)
* Be (or quickly become) well-versed in Instructure's products.
Here's what you will need to know/have:
* Advanced knowledge of agile project management, with PMP and/or Scrum certification preferred
* Solid foundation (5+ years) in project management as the lead project manager using both waterfall and agile project management methodologies
* Experience with SDLC documentation and processes.
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to translate and communicate technical concepts, plans, and processes to both technical and non-technical users.
* Monster work ethic, mad organizational skills, and obsessive attention to detail.
* Constructively gives and takes direction and is generally cool to work with.
* A Bachelor's degree in any field (or 5+ years of relevant experience).
* Understanding how SaaS and APIs work.
* Experience in the LMS industry, educational technology, and/or a fast-paced technical environment.
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure
* Competitive salary and 401k
* Paid medical, dental, disability, and life insurance
* HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D
* Lots of paid time off, 10 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules
* Fitness club memberships
* Fully-stocked kitchens and catered lunches
* iMac or Macbooks
We've always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
At Instructure we participate in E-Verify and yes, in case you didn't catch it from the above, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.