At Nelson Laboratories, a Sotera Health Company, our employees are part of an industry-leading, global provider of sterility assurance, medical device evaluation services and expert advisory services.
Our employees receive competitive pay, growth and learning opportunities, insurance benefits, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, time-off and the opportunity to attend many company-sponsored employee and family events.
Nelson Labs employees play a critical role in reaching our mission of: Safeguarding Global Health.
Service Coordinators ensure the delivery of outstanding service and build strong customer relationships by coordinating with clients, laboratory staff, and support groups. The Service Coordinator is also responsible for verifying sponsor and sample information, obtaining Purchase Orders, and coordination of study tracking.
Education and experience requirements:
High School Diploma and 1-3 years applicable customer service experience
- Coordinate with the Log In department to help resolve discrepancies
- Coordinate with the Sales and Service Center departments to obtain and update purchase orders
- Work with Sales staff to update quotes and purchase orders as needed
- Coordinate change orders and pricing revisions in the system
- Coordinate and deliver in house transfer studies, shared samples, Log In sample returns
- New Customer Account Set Up - Learn and master customer experience from sample receipt to invoice.
- Assist all customers with questions related to filling out the standard Sample Submission Form and train new customers on the sample submission process
- Act as the point of contact for all customer inquiries related to sample shipments, receiving and test status
- Act as the primary owner for lab-requested changes to quotes
- Train others on new customer relationship systems and processes and assist with integration efforts
- As needed, cover the front desk for the reception of customer and other visits
- Responsible to read and understand all terminology of a purchase order including billing addresses and payment terms and updating within the system as needed
- Partnering with customers to complete purchase orders according to their internal requirements including completion of an accurate Nelson Labs Sample Submission Form (SSF)
- Conduct training for lab staff to address order changes that require a revised purchase order from the customer
- Know and follow applicable regulatory requirements (GMP, GLP, ISO, etc.)
- Know and follow company policies and procedures
- Complete required training on time
- Attend work regularly and reliably
- Adhere to all policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
Competencies of this position
- Commitment to an excellent customer service experience
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow written instructions
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Legible handwriting
- Project management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Computer skills Microsoft Office products, etc.
- Ability to work independently
- Time management- must be able to respond to voicemails, emails and other communications in a timely manner
- Being proactive through problem solving with the customer
- Strong proficiently with CRM systems
This job operates in a professional laboratory environment and may occasionally work in temperatures above 95 degrees and below 32 degrees and walk on slippery or uneven surfaces. This role routinely uses standard office equipment and lab equipment including but not limited to, computers, keyboards, computer mouses, telephones, photocopiers, file cabinets, and various hand tools.
The possibility exists for exposure to biological and chemical hazards, exposure to carcinogenic compounds and other environmental aspects, which may be considered unfavorable. Employees are expected to follow Biosafety and Chemical Hygiene policies, practices, and procedures.
The physical demands described here are a representation of those that must be met to perform the essential job functions:
- Required to sit or work at a computer 60 % of the day, stand and traverse 40 % of the day to various office and lab locations. .
- Full body movement required to bend, stoop, crouch, crawl, climb, and physically move pallets using material handling equipment.
- Must be capable of operating material handling equipment applicable to location (i.e. forklift, hand truck, pallet jack, golf cart and other equipment used to transport items)
- Occasional push and pull tasks with one or both hands. Must be able to work while wearing personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, goggles, face shields, gloves, lab coats and personal protective equipment deemed necessary to protect testing and to provide personal protection when handling various solutions, wastes, etc.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.