At Nelson Laboratories, a Sotera Health Company, our employees are part of an industry-leading, global provider of laboratory testing and consulting services; dedicated to the mission of helping the best companies in the world improve the quality of life by providing the highest standard in laboratory testing.
Our employees receive competitive pay, growth and learning opportunities, insurance benefits, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays and PTO, and the opportunity to attend many company-sponsored employee and family events.
What we do is important, so we offer comprehensive training programs, mentorship, innovative lab practices, and a culture of employee collaboration.
The Sr Financial Analyst will be responsible for providing accurate financial information, analyses and recommendations to help business leadership in formulating and executing the company's financial plan and operational strategy. This individual works with the Finance Management team to achieve financial objectives supporting the overall strategy and goals of the organization. The right candidate will proactively collaborate with management across departments to optimize company performance. The ideal candidate will provide financial expertise, recommendations, projections, and analysis while driving timely and accurate financial plans, forecasts, and reporting.
Education and experience requirements:
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field; MBA preferred
6+ years of Sr Level FP&A Analysis and Management experience
High level of proficiency in the use of Microsoft products
Power BI is not required but preferred
- Provide financial analytical business partnership and counsel by demonstrating outstanding financial analysis, communications, interpretation, and planning skills resulting in improved business results
- Ensure annual plans and periodic financial forecasts are meeting goals and objectives. This includes proactively partnering with department managers and driving the annual planning process
- Ensure accurate and timely financial projections, forecasts, and analysis of relevant financial and operational information as required for the Executive Team, and other specific requests
- Analyze company's financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs and compliance with budgets. Issue regular status and ad hoc reports to executive leadership on various financial and operational results.
- Identify and understand key business drivers for both short-term and long-term objectives. Use this information to create financial models and define/tailor appropriate reports for tracking.
- Present numbers and results with the ability to explain information in an organized and succinct manner to executive management orally and in quality presentation decks.
- Prepare, organize and interpret financial information in multiple contexts (by region, product, customer, etc.) to be presented in meetings and to drive decision-making.
- Provide strategic guidance and support around capital expenditure options to support company growth needs. Support the capital planning process and other spending proposals.
- Assist with driving strategic initiatives including revenue-generating, productivity-enhancing and cost-saving initiatives.
- Identify scope and complete special projects that will result in streamlining existing processes for greater efficiencies throughout the organization.
- Interact and collaborate with corporate financial team to achieve common goals.
- Work closely with department leaders to increase financial and business acumen through coaching and training.
- Participate in and support analysis of M&A opportunities, as needed.
- Know and follow applicable regulatory requirements (GMP, GLP, ISO, etc.).
- Know and follow company policies and procedures.
- Complete required training on time.
- Attend work regularly and reliably.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Competencies of this position
- This role is for action-oriented doer; must be able to get into the details and get the job done while at the same time being able to see the forest for the trees.
- Demonstrated success in developing and applying concepts, practices and procedures of financial planning and analysis. Superior forecasting methods and techniques. Advanced analytical and quantitative abilities.
- Ability to synthesize and encapsulate complex data and information in order to build financial models and present results.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Capable of presenting complex financial information in an easy to understand format. Able to interact comfortably with the executive management team and foster positive and professional relationships.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically; highly driven and self-motivated. Oriented towards detail, thoroughness, and accuracy. Highly organized.
- Collaboratively focused in an open office setting and able to work well with others in a fast-paced, changing business. A strong team player within Finance and across other departments in a collaborative environment with a high growth mentality.
- Comfortable completing projects requiring individual initiative and flexibility in tight timeframes with minimal supervision.
- Strong financial acumen broadly across the organization (e.g., understanding of financial statements, chart of accounts, business intelligence, etc.)
- Flexibility to pivot on short notice from task to task as priorities change. Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Experience in a global environment with cross-cultural sensitivities.
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
This job operates in a professional office and laboratory environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, keyboards, computer mouse, telephones, photocopiers, projectors and file cabinets.
Regular travel during the business day. Domestic and international travel may be expected.
Must be able to stand/walk for 10% of the day and 90% of the day sitting at a desk or on the computer. Must be able to occasionally lift a maximum of 45lbs.