At Nelson Laboratories, a Sotera Health Company, our employees are part of an industry-leading, global provider of sterility assurance, medical device evaluation services and expert advisory services.
Our employees receive competitive pay, growth and learning opportunities, insurance benefits, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, time-off and the opportunity to attend many company-sponsored employee and family events.
Nelson Labs employees play a critical role in reaching our mission of: Safeguarding Global Health.
The Business Analyst analyzes different business areas to determine process improvement, automation needs and opportunities.
Bachelors in a related field preferred
- 5+ years professional experience in BA/BSA functions
- 1 yr minimum experience with LIMS (Abbott STARLIMS preferred)
- Experience working in a Lab or Life Sciences type setting
- Strong demonstrated skill set in - Business Requirements and Functional Specification gathering, prioritizing, and producing
- Conversion experience; data Mapping, migration, or reconciliation
- Ability to facilitate teams to elicit requirements
- Ability to lead and influence Functional Area Leaders to make and embrace changes proposed in business and systems processes
- Familiarity with developing business cases and ROI analysis
- Ability to communicate effectively with system developers, DBA, and system users
- Thorough working knowledge of latest trends and practices in Information Technology
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required
- Oral presentations and frequent written communications are expected
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective key business relationships with internal staff and external contacts
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements (GMP, GLP, ISO, etc.) and FDA / Validation / CFR 21 Part 11 experience preferred
- Strong project management, analytical, and time management skills with superb attention to detail; deadline driven
- Effective at managing multiple priorities including projects, initiatives, and problem-solving activities
- Experience working under a modern agile based software development lifecycle
- Mentor other Business Analysts
- Lead requirements gathering sessions
- Define and document timelines
- Follow defined process methodology
- Ensure requirements completeness and traceability
- Perform analysis on business area and automation applicability
- Provide support for end-users when system issues arise
- Review / approve business analysis estimates
- Assist in development and execution of test plans
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Must be able to sit at a desk on a computer for 90% of the day