About the team
Who We Are?
Eide Bailly is one of the top 25 CPA and business advisory firms in the nation. We have over 40 offices in 14 states across the Midwest and western United States and offer our staff and Partners the opportunity to serve a variety of industries. Founded in 1917, our culture is the foundation of who we are, and we pride ourselves on supporting our employees to help them achieve their goals and pursue their interests both in the office and at home. At Eide Bailly we are passionate about the clients we serve, the work we do, and most importantly, having fun while we do it!
Why You'll Love Working Here
At Eide Bailly we believe respect is how to treat everyone, not just those you want to impress. Our culture focuses on collaboration to achieve career growth. We promote happy employees by making work/life balance a priority along with being actively involved in our communities. Our dedication to service can be seen through the Firm's decision to match charitable donations made by employees, as well as providing opportunities to volunteer throughout the year. Most importantly, we like to have fun! We offer a professional and fun work environment with frequent lunch and learns, socials, contests, outings and other events.
Job you will do
Typical Day in the Life
A typical day as a Mergers & Acquisitions Professional may include the following:
Who You Are
- Preparing or reviewing mergers & acquisitions related tax elections, tax return statements, or tax return disclosures
- Performing tax due diligence.
- Tax modeling for alternate transaction structures.
- Structuring mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, reorganizations, etc.
- Analyzing the proper tax treatment of transaction costs.
- Performing post-acquisition integration/optimization and remediation consulting.
- Performing IRC section 382 analyses.
- Performing tax technical research to support written tax advice.
- Drafting memoranda/written tax advice for clients.
- Authoring advanced transaction sale topics for external newsletters.
- Drafting internal and/or communications related to mergers & acquisitions statutory, regulatory, or judicial developments.
- Creating templates for mergers & acquisition related work-papers or deliverables.
- You have experience with or a strong interest in learning the basics of all types of corporate transactions from a tax perspective.
- You have a strong interest and ability in legal research.
- You have a background in either C or S corporation taxation
- You have the ability to interpret and analyze case-law, IRS rulings, IRC, and Regulations
- You have a strong interest to perform effective legal tax writing.
- You demonstrate a commitment to exceptional client service.
- You are able to manage multiple concurrent projects and ensure timely delivery and quality work.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting with 4-6 years of relevant experience OR have a CPA, Masters in Taxation or JD designation.
Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently without the requirement of sponsorship at any point in the future.What to Expect Next
We'll be in touch! If you look like the right fit for our position, one of our recruiters will be reaching out to schedule a phone interview with you to learn more about your career interests and goals. In the meantime, we encourage you to check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn or our About Us page.