At Nelson Laboratories, a Sotera Health Company, our employees are part of an industry-leading, global provider of laboratory testing and consulting services; dedicated to the mission of helping the best companies in the world improve the quality of life by providing the highest standard in laboratory testing.
Our employees receive competitive pay, growth and learning opportunities, insurance benefits, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays and PTO, and the opportunity to attend many company-sponsored employee and family events.
Safeguarding Global Health. It's what we do!
Laboratory Technicians are responsible for performing tasks to support testing throughout the lab. This includes tasks such as glassware reprocessing, instrument preparation, media formulation and sterilization.
- Ensure tasks are performed according to approved procedures (SOP, CSS, STP, etc.)
- Participate in the collaboration of quality events (unexpected results, deviations, etc.)
- Basic computer skills including functional knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Follow good housekeeping practices in all areas.
- Know and follow applicable regulatory requirements (GMP, GLP, ISO, etc.).
- Know and follow company policies and procedures.
- Complete required training on time (includes MasterControl, live company trainings, new employee orientation, etc.).
- Identify areas for improvement and assist in implementation as approved by Team Lead/Supervisor.
Competencies of This Position:
- Repetition of tasks with quality and attention to detail
- Ability to follow written procedures
- Good documentation practice (GDP)
- Nelson Labs Values
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- High standards of honesty and integrity
- Willingness to identify and communicate process improvement ideas
- Organized and meets deadlines
- Willingness to learn and comprehend difficult tasks
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Strong work ethic and initiative
This job operates in a professional laboratory environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment and lab equipment including but not limited to, computers, keyboards, computer mouse, telephones, photocopiers, file cabinets, microscopes, micropipettes, pipette aids and various hand tools.
The possibility exists for exposure to biological and chemical hazards, exposure to carcinogenic compounds and other environmental aspects which may be considered unfavorable. Employees are expected to follow Biosafety and Chemical Hygiene policies, practices and procedures.
The physical demands described here are a representation of those that must be met to perform the essential job functions:
- Required to sit 15% of the day, stand and traverse 75% of the day to various office and lab locations and 10% of the day working at a computer.
- Bending, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing.
- Ability to have full body movement required.
- Occasional push and pull tasks with one or both hands.
- Must be able to work while wearing personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, goggles, face shields, gloves, lab coats and personal protective equipment deemed necessary to protect testing and to protect employees from various solutions, wastes, etc.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, college science coursework preferred