Technical Support Engineer 3
12-24 month contract
This is a contract position that provides deep Tier III level support or ticket resolution for systems that cannot be resolved by 1st (call center/GSD), 2nd (TSR/Deskside Support), and other tier III support Engineers.This role is for experienced technical engineers that have developed deep skills in support of multiple, complex information technology systems.
This individual works with divine guidance to provide or support technology that furthers the mission of the Church and reflects the eternal impact of the gospel.
- Work closely with other support and engineering teams to document and solve complex incidents and tasks
- Manage ticket queues given agreed upon service level agreements (SLA)
- Work closely with product teams, operations engineers and vendors to report and troubleshoot system issues
- Work with product teams to develop support plans for systems and platforms that are new or being updated
- Make sure established processes are developed and followed
- Consult with operations engineers on systems and best practices for reducing incidents and improving or changing complex IT systems
- Develop automation solutions that can be leveraged to drive efficiencies in the Church systems. Assist others on these automation tools to increase productivity
- Understand and solve very complex system issues
- Coordinate system software update initiatives and user documentation
- Remotely perform system software updates and coordinate testing on client systems as well as make site visits to update system hardware, resolve problems, and do preventive maintenance
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 8 years of experience in information technology support with additional industry certifications as appropriate
- 2 years Audio/Video or Conference Room Technology experience
- Troubleshooting AV Signal Flow
- AV Equipment Install
- IT, Networking
- Enthusiasm for physical labor or getting dirty with repairs or installations.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills and deep experience with various IT or AV systems
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills
- Understands and follows business processes and practices
- Exceptional customer service skills and executive presence with proven ability to successfully interact with senior level executives
- This job operates in a professional office environment
- To successfully perform the essential functions of the job there may be physical requirements which need to be met such as sitting for long periods of time and using computer monitors/equipment
- Required to lift up to 30 pounds as well as bending, stooping, reaching, and grasping
- Experience with Cisco networking and Crestron control equipment.
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at - www.consultnet.com