About the team
Who We Are
Eide Bailly is one of the top 25 CPA and business advisory firms in the nation. We have over 40 offices in 14 states across the Midwest and Western United States, and offer our staff and Partners the opportunity to serve a variety of industries. Founded in 1917, our culture is the foundation of who we are, and we pride ourselves on supporting our employees to help them achieve their goals and pursue their interests both in the office and at home. At Eide Bailly we are passionate about the clients we serve, the work we do, and most importantly, having fun while we do it!
Why You'll Love Working Here
At Eide Bailly we believe respect is how to treat everyone, not just those you want to impress. Our culture focuses on collaboration to achieve career growth. Innovation is highly encouraged and we promote happy employees by making work/life balance a priority along with being actively involved in our communities. Our dedication to service can be seen through the Firm's decision to match charitable donations made by employees, as well as providing opportunities to volunteer throughout the year. Most importantly, we like to have fun! We offer a professional and fun work environment with frequent free lunches, snacks, lunch and learns, socials, contests, outings and other events.
Job you will do
Typical Day in the Life
A typical day as a Client Service Associate might include the following:
Who You Are
- Coordinates service activities and ensures appropriate tasks are completed.
- Executes plans after receiving direction for Director of Practice Management.
- Takes ownership of client service processes and provides excellent client service.
- Generates and manages client communications and strategies by phone, mail and email.
- Fulfills client requests and deals with service-related issues.
- Generates reports of clients and prospects for financial advisors.
- Participates in team meetings and attends training events as needed.
- Prepares client documentation and assists in client meeting preparation.
- Services Financial Services team to assist in team's learning, development and growth.
- You have strong organizational skills and a high level of commitment to detail.
- You have a positive attitude and sincere willingness to constantly learn and grow.
- You are able to develop strong relationships with clients and prospects.
- You have the ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- You are able to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines by setting priorities with work projects.
- You have demonstrated the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and clients.
- In addition to all of this, you possess an Associate's Degree in Business Administration or equivalent work experience and 2-5 years of administrative support; financial services industry preferred. Security and/or insurance licenses preferred.
Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently without the requirement of sponsorship at any point in the future.What to Expect Next
We'll be in touch! If you look like the right fit for our position, one of our recruiters will be reaching out to schedule a phone interview with you to learn more about your career interests and goals. In the meantime, we encourage you to check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn or our About Us page.