At Nelson Laboratories, a Sotera Health Company, our employees are part of an industry-leading, global provider of laboratory testing and consulting services; dedicated to the mission of helping the best companies in the world improve the quality of life by providing the highest standard in laboratory testing.
Our employees receive competitive pay, growth and learning opportunities, insurance benefits, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays and PTO, and the opportunity to attend many company-sponsored employee and family events.
Safeguarding Global Health. It's what we do!
The Senior Developer's role is to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain new software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications. The Senior Developer will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle. This individual will also provide mentoring, support, and guidance to the Developer's role.
- 6 years' experience in modern web applications and business applications programming on enterprise platforms and integrations
- 1 yr minimum working with LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System)
- Nice to have:
- Development in Microsoft Azure Platform, JS Frameworks, CSS/SCSS, SOAP, REST, MVC, SQL, and Git
- Developing custom Plugins and Workflow assemblies
- Knowledge of third-party ISVs (Scribe, Experlogix, Click-Dimensions)
- Creating Web APIs
- Applied knowledge of key principles and patterns of Secure Application Development and OWASP principles
- Preferred experience with Abbott STARLIMS Laboratory Information Management System including:
- ELN experience in simple and complex worksheets that communicate with STARLIMS
- Crystal Reports within STARLIMS
- Designer & Advanced setup for HTML5
- Advanced analytic builder
B.S. in related field preferred
Essential IT functions:
- Evaluates hardware and software products and recommends alternatives for acquisition within established technical and architectural direction from the IT Software Development Manager.
- Develops standards and reviews existing products for proper design and documentation.
- Works with the BSA in formulating requirements; consults regarding alternatives and the implications of new and/or revised data processing systems.
- Performs design and analysis for system function requirements; makes presentation of proposed system.
- Configures and or develops software systems as necessary for inclusion in new or existing systems
- Ensures unit testing is performed and functions per user requirements
- Ensures compliance to Information Technology standards, procedures, and methodologies, including Secure Applications Development principals.
- Prepares appropriate documentation for assigned projects, such as project detailed program specifications, including pseudo code and flow charts.
- Performs application configuration to meet written specifications.
- Accepts applications ownership and provides vision for improving systems over time by attending seminars, reviewing recent publications, and maintaining contact with computer organizations.
- Ensures objectives of application architecture are not jeopardized by effective data management.
- Mentors other team members and builds their confidence in their abilities.
- Learn and follow applicable regulatory requirements (GMP, GLP, ISO, etc.)
- Learn and follow company policies and procedures
- Nice to have FDA / Validation / CFR 21 Part 11 experience
Must be to perform work at a desk at the computer 95% of the day. This position does not require any heavy lifting.