At Nelson Laboratories, a Sotera Health Company, our employees are part of an industry-leading, global provider of sterility assurance, medical device evaluation services and expert advisory services.
Our employees receive competitive pay, growth and learning opportunities, insurance benefits, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, time-off and the opportunity to attend many company-sponsored employee and family events.
Nelson Labs employees play a critical role in reaching our mission of: Safeguarding Global Health.
- B.S. in related field preferred
- Masters degree a plus.
- Work experience as a Director of Applications within a Lab or in a similar senior-level position.
- Experience with LIMS system rollouts, Abbott STARLIMS Laboratory Information Management System preferred.
- Experience with a Customer Relationship Management system, preferably Microsoft CRM.
- Experience with customer facing digital software solutions a plus
- 10+ years overall IT experience with 7+ years of managerial experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Strong judgment, problem solving skills, tact, and discretion in identifying and resolving issues within established guidelines.
- Experience in a lab setting partnering with senior leaders.
- Experience providing leadership in managing the applications function and establishing its strategic direction.
- Strong ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- Superior communication (verbal and written), organization and multitasking skills.
- Conveys specific, observable, and measurable expectations for each assignment
- Proven project management skills
- Diversity of Skills around software management and lifecycle
Essential IT job functions:
- Become a trusted advisor. Partner with senior business leaders on their strategic roadmap, understand their operational issues and opportunities (business processes) and create technical solutions to scale business operations while ensuring compliance.
- Play a key/leading role in driving the configuration and implementation of a new, global LIMS system.
- Play a key/leading role in driving the design and implementation of digital transformation solutions to improve customer experience and operational efficiencies
- Provide thought leadership to guide IT Applications Team members as they embark on complex programs and initiatives.
- Identify opportunities to meet customer and business needs by clearly articulating path forward, even in highly ambiguous situations.Assist in prioritizing technology solution objectives
- Leading design, implementation, enhancements and management of the Global IT solutions including LIMS, CRM, Doc Management, Training etc.Supervise recruitment, development, retention, and organization of all application staff in accordance with corporate budgetary objectives and personnel policies.
- Managing and developing a team of highly motivated IT Application professionals with end-to-end responsibilities: engagement, analysis, design, develop, QA, support.
- Mentors other team members and builds their confidence in their abilities. Regulatory Compliance
- Know and follow applicable regulatory requirements (GMP, GLP, ISO, etc.)
- Know and follow company policies and procedures
- FDA / Validation / CFR 21 Part 11 experience
- Complete required training on time
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Must be able to stand/walk for 5% of the day and 95% sitting at a desk at the computer. This position does not require any heavy lifting.