Join the team that powers the sports events management economy. Arbiter Sports is an innovative, future focused company whose vision is to deliver the best activities management network connecting athletic directors, schedulers, officials, athletes, and parents.
We take pride in our work and believe in cultivating a work environment that supports and values our greatest asset: our talented employees.
As the DevOps Manager, you will partner with the Engineering, Product and CTO to define, implement and drive best practices in DevOps technologies.
Your team will build and operate systems to ensure security, high availability, and scalability within our platform. You will develop tools and processes that enable our engineering teams to delivercode ina seamless and coordinated effort. Additionally, you will promote a strong reliability culture by partnering with software engineering,oursecuritymanager, andour architectto solve operational problems.
As a leader in thesports official scheduling and payment space, you will have the unique opportunity to show the world the strategic impact DevOps can deliver.
Who you are:
- You are a DevOps engineering subject matter expert
- An expert communicator up, down, and across reporting lines
- You have experience successfully leading DevOps teams in high-growth environments
- You love exploring new technologies and keeping your own technical skills sharp
- You elevate the technical abilities of those around you and have a track record of doing this with the teams you have led
- A leader through service,humility andearned trust
- Experienced technologist solid understanding of agile and lean methodologies, and the development of cloud applications
- Someone who cares about their team, shows exemplary personal respect, and is willing to coach and develop trust
- A partner with leaders across the business, especially Product, Engineering and HR
- A scientific mind: you know how experiment, measure against your hypothesis and then move forward with the best possible solution
- A life-long learner eager to keep abreast of the fast-changing and dynamic technology industry
What you'll own:
You will leadArbiterSportsnewDevOps team ensuring continuous development at a high velocity. You will do this through automation, self-service, and enabling teamsautonomy in aMicrosoftenvironment. You will lead a team of life-long learners who are committed to continuous, never-ending, improvement.
- Management of3-4team members
- Lead in developing high quality, rapidly changing software
- Regular 1:1 meetings with your team
- Coaching to enable individual improvement
- Leading team meetings to help team members understand the company vision
- Coach teams on processes and practices
- Responsible for recruiting and hiring engineers including working with recruiting, technical leads, and other engineering leaders throughout the process
- Develop a full understanding of the business, and our customers to effectively design, develop, and implement tools and processes that enable a highly available, scalable, and reliable customer experience
- Anticipate and manage technology evolution and map to business solutions
- Work with business stakeholders, Engineering leadership and Architects to drive holistic technology implementation across product teams
- Relay continuous feedback
- Listen to and support teams in problem-identification and decision-making. Create an environment of mutual influence. Ask the teams for answers and lets the teams self-organize
- Inspire creativity and innovation
- Formulate and drive process and organizational improvement which enhances overall effectiveness. Understand business process, issues, problems, and apply appropriate Technology standards and solutions.
- Develops and maintains a network of industry contacts; performs or directs research on industry trends, competitors, business and Technology products; analyzes trends and makes strategic and tactical recommendations.
Experience you'll need:
- Leadership experience as a technical lead, team lead, or manager
- Have worked closely with full Product Teams (Product Managers, Tech Leads, Engineering Manager, Securityand Operations roles) to deliver an experience to customers
- 8+years of progressive DevOps engineering experience
- 2+ years of DevOps leadership experience
- Experience migrating services from on premise to the cloud
- Knowledge of compliance frameworks (PCI, SOX, SOC 2, ISO 27001) and the ability to apply their requirements and concepts to a complex environment
- Strong interpersonal communication and diplomacy skills, as well as a passion for leading (not managing)
- BS or MS in related industry/field or equivalent experience (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems)
- Strong hands-on technical experience, knowledge, and understanding of:
- Delivering web applications on public clouds such as AWS
- Configuration Management and automation, and Infrastructure as Code
- CICD practices and tools
- Experience with Relational Databases
- Experience with NoSQL databases a plus.