The technical support associate responds to telephone, written, or Internet-based inquiries of both basic and complex technical nature supporting the company's wireless hardware and software products. Associate will be working directly with company's direct customers and various partners (OEM, VAR, SI). Analyzes both routine and non-routine problems with wireless equipment, software applications, and network performance to identify problem root cause and recommend corrective action.
Many support calls are routine but some may require deviation from traditional answers. Recommends solutions to customer questions which may require follow-up or escalation to a higher level of expertise. Handles situations which require adaptation of response or research according to unique customer situations. May orient, train, and support other Monnit employees. Maintains log of problems so recurring problems can be reported to both hardware and software engineering departments.
- Take support calls, online chats from customers (often times multi-tasking)
- Responding to customer questions via email and ticketing system
- Following trouble shooting steps with customers to determine issues
- Updating customer accounts
- Explaining and support features about software
- Troubleshooting network issues as it pertains to specific Monnit products
- Escalating customer's issues to engineering as needed
- Write support articles as required
On the job training will be provided.
Should be proficient with MS Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and operating systems, shipping program experience such as FedEx, UPS and USPS online is beneficial but not required. Knowledge of CRMs is useful (Sales Force knowledge a plus) but not required.