At Nelson Laboratories, a Sotera Health Company, our employees are part of an industry-leading, global provider of sterility assurance, medical device evaluation services and expert advisory services.
Our employees receive competitive pay, growth and learning opportunities, insurance benefits, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, time-off and the opportunity to attend many company-sponsored employee and family events.
Nelson Labs employees play a critical role in reaching our mission of: Safeguarding Global Health.
Carefully packs and ships samples, supplies, and equipment to ensure they will not be damaged. Picks up samples from the lab areas that are ready to ship. Assists with driving to pick up packages from FEDEX. Assists in log in, when needed.
Essential Job Duties
Sample Pick up
- Pick up samples from the labs when ready for shipping
- Maintain proper storage of samples awaiting return
- Organize return of samples from multiple sections into one shipment when possible
- Retain and use original packaging for return of samples whenever possible
Sample and Supplies packaging
- Properly package samples for return and supplies in a way they will not be damaged
- Ensure customer satisfaction by taking pride in presentation of package including signed Thank You card
- Understand proper procedure for packing and shipping hazardous materials, infectious diseases and controlled substances
- Print FEDEX and UPS shipping labels and understand how to use their systems
- Understand the flow and timing of testing when samples are shared between multiple labs to ensure efficient tracking and return, in as few shipments as possible
- Understand the receiving and Login process for coordination of sample returns
- Coordinate with service coordinators and lab personnel for timely shipping
- Assist with morning pick up from FEDEX and deliveries on dock
- Perform triage of packages
- Understand the Login process
- Assist with delivery of samples to labs for testing
- Know and follow applicable company policies/procedures and regulatory requirements (GMP, GLP, ISO, etc.)
- Ensure materials are stored under the specific storage conditions and properly labeled and within expiration.
- Properly store and transport hazardous materials safely.
- Maintain cleanliness and orderliness of GMP warehouse and storage areas.
- Comply with safety policies and procedures.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by identifying, creating and maintaining safe protocols within a changing environment. (protect employees and visitors who work or enter the warehouse)
- Follow security protocols to safeguard warehouse operations.
- Adhere to company driver's policy.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Know and follow applicable regulatory requirements (GMP, GLP, ISO, etc.).
- Know and follow company policies and procedures
- Complete required training on time
- Attend work regularly and reliably
- Adhere to all policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow written instructions
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Legible handwriting
- Customer service skills
- Must be able to multi-task and be self-motivated
- Time management- must be able to respond to voicemails, emails and other communications in a timely manner
- Computer skills: knowledge of Microsoft Office, email and internet usage
- Ability to work independently
High School Diploma or equivalent. Shipping experience preferred, but not required. Forklift training and experience preferred.
- Warehouse environment with some time in a laboratory environment.
- Wear lab coat, safety glasses and closed toe shoes when in laboratory environment.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, keyboards, computer
- mouse, telephones, photocopiers, projectors and file cabinets.
- May occasionally work in temperatures above 95 degrees and below 32 degrees.
- May occasionally walk on slippery or uneven surfaces.
- Noise level in the work environment can occasionally be loud.
- Must be able to stand/walk 90% of the day with 10% of the day sitting at a desk or at a computer.
- Physical ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or stand on feet for a long period of time and walk a substantial distance every day.
- This position regularly moves or lifts items greater than 45lbs.
- Wear personal protective equipment such as lab coats, safety glasses, goggles, gloves, face masks, shoe coverings, and respiratory equipment as applicable.
- May occasionally climb stools, ladders or stairs to retrieve materials.
- Can physically move pallets and other materials using material handling equipment and be willing to be forklift trained.
- Must be capable of operating material handling equipment applicable to location i.e. hand truck, pallet jack and other equipment used to transport items.