At Nelson Laboratories, a Sotera Health Company, our employees are part of an industry-leading, global provider of laboratory testing and consulting services; dedicated to the mission of helping the best companies in the world improve the quality of life by providing the highest standard in laboratory testing.
Our employees receive competitive pay, growth and learning opportunities, insurance benefits, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays and PTO, and the opportunity to attend many company-sponsored employee and family events.
Safeguarding Global Health. It's what we do!
Functions as architect for complex systems, ensuring the integrity and consistency of those systems. Assists in the leadership roles and responsibilities of application development, including estimating, cost control and task planning.
Essential Job Duties
- Evaluates hardware and software products and recommends alternatives for acquisition within established technical and architectural direction from the IT Software Development Manager.
- Develops standards and reviews existing products for proper design and documentation.
- Guides users in formulating requirements; consults regarding alternatives and the implications of new and/or revised data processing systems.
- Performs design and analysis for system function requirements; makes presentation of proposed system.
- Configures and or develops software systems as necessary for inclusion in new or existing systems
- Ensures unit testing is performed and functions per user requirements
- Ensures compliance to Information Technology standards, procedures, and methodologies.
- Prepares appropriate documentation for assigned projects, such as project detailed program specifications, including pseudo code and flow charts.
- Performs application configuration to meet written specifications.
- Provides functional direction to others on assigned work.
- Accepts applications ownership and provides vision for improving systems over time by attending seminars, reviewing recent publications, and maintaining contact with computer organizations.
- Ensures objectives of application architecture are not jeopardized by effective data management.
- Mentors other team members and builds their confidence in their abilities.
- Know and follow applicable regulatory requirements (GMP, GLP, ISO, etc.)
- Know and follow company policies and procedures
- Complete required training on time
Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience and Technical Skills
B.S. in related field preferred and/or technical certificate in an applicable technology from a technical school, or 6+ years' work experience.
Required: Microsoft SQL JAVA Script
Preferred: Python PHP Jython SSRS Report Writing JAVA SSIS
Must be able to stand/walk for 5% of the day and 95% sitting at a desk at the computer. This position does not require any heavy lifting.