At Nelson Laboratories, a Sotera Health Company, our employees are part of an industry-leading, global provider of sterility assurance, medical device evaluation services and expert advisory services.
Our employees receive competitive pay, growth and learning opportunities, insurance benefits, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, time-off and the opportunity to attend many company-sponsored employee and family events.
Nelson Labs employees play a critical role in reaching our mission of: Safeguarding Global Health.
We are seeking an Analytical Chemist with experience in chromatographic techniques and mass spectrometry. The ideal candidate would have experience with GC/MS and LC/MS. Experience with LC-QTOF or Q Exactive Hybrid Quadrupole-Orbitrap instruments that include operation, troubleshooting and data processing is a plus. The role entails both qualitative and quantitative evaluation of trace level impurities in medical devices.
Essential Job Duties
- Development and validation of new analytical methods.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the analytical function with respect to new analytical technologies, procedures and/or processes.
- Troubleshoots and improves existing methods and procedures and instrument hardware and software problems, and decides on the best course of action to remedy problems.
- Reviews general data quality to determine where changes to methods or procedures could improve quality and throughput.
- Evaluates test results for suitability and designates acceptability.
- Performs analyses and routine data review as needed.
Education and Work Experience
- A Master's degree in chemistry or biochemistry plus a minimum of three year's laboratory experience
- OR PhD degree in chemistry or Biochemistry plus a minimum of 1 year laboratory experience
- Required Skills:
- Laboratory experience in a regulatory Environment
- LC/MS including quadrupoles or High Resolution Accurate Mass Spectrometry (HRAM)
- Quantification and Identification
- Methodology, Equipment maintenance, Data quality and Workflow
- Beneficial Skills (Not Required):
- Experience with Orbitrap and ThermoFisher instruments
- Experience with other analytical chemistry techniques and instrumentation is a plus
- Experience with GMP or GLP guidelines is a plus
- Experience with Q-TOF
The physical demands described here are a representative of those that must be met to perform the essential job functions.
- Required to stand and traverse 50% of the day to various office and lab locations and 50% of the day working at a computer.
- Bending, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing.
- Ability to have full body movement required.
- Occasional push and pull tasks with one or both hands.
- Must be able to work while wearing personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, goggles, face shields, gloves, lab coats and personal protective equipment deemed necessary to protect testing and to protect employees from various solutions, wastes, etc.
- Must be able to lift up to 45lbs.
This job operates in a professional laboratory environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment and lab equipment including but not limited to computers keyboards, computer mouse, telephones, photocopiers, file cabinets, microscopes, micropipettes, pipette aids, various hand tools and analytical equipment.