At Nelson Laboratories, a Sotera Health Company, our employees are part of an industry-leading, global provider of laboratory testing and consulting services; dedicated to the mission of helping the best companies in the world improve the quality of life by providing the highest standard in laboratory testing.
Our employees receive competitive pay, growth and learning opportunities, insurance benefits, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays and PTO, and the opportunity to attend many company-sponsored employee and family events.
It's what we do that matters, so we offer comprehensive training programs, mentorship, innovative lab practices, and a culture of employee collaboration.
The Senior Recruiter is responsible for sourcing, screening and interviewing qualified candidates, as well as conducting intake calls with business leaders to identify our ideal skill set targets. They will also passively source candidates for niche roles by creating industry relationships and identifying professional networking groups. This role supports the onboarding process through: creation of offer letter, ordering drug tests & background checks, making offers, and participating in new employee orientation. This position reports directly to the Talent Acquisition Manager, and relies on instructions, best practices and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in an applicable field preferred
- 3-5+ years of professional full lifecycle recruiting experience
- Demonstrated background in researching and implementing methods to identify key skill sets
- Understanding of the legal and professional importance of exceptional candidate care
- Computer skills: highly functional knowledge in MS Office Suite, including, Outlook, Excel, Work, PowerPoint and MS Teams
- Ability to coordinate with various departments, while owning and driving individual efforts
- High attention to detail
- Time management has the ability to respond to voicemails, emails and other communications in a timely manner
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in an applicable field
- Experience recruiting within the fields of Medical Device Manufacturing/Testing or Life Sciences
- Background in recruitment of mid to high level niche roles, as well as skill in managing high volume entry level positions
Essential Job Duties
- Develop and place ads for open positions (job boards, social media, employee referrals, professional networking groups, University outreach, etc.)
- Manage full-cycle recruiting process for roles aligned to multiple sections, with a focus on strong hiring manager partnership and candidate experience
- Host recruitment intake sessions with hiring managers for designated roles
- Conduct candidate resume evaluation, pre-screening interviews and hiring manager submittals
- Attend career/job fairs, University information sessions and other community events to promote employer brand awareness
- Negotiating offers with candidates and partnering HR, Training and Hiring Managers to evaluate and recommend compensation packages
- Attend career/job fairs
- Track and document candidate pipeline, priorities and performance data to share with internal stakeholders
- Research and suggest alternative recruitment methods, tools and processes
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Know and follow applicable regulatory requirements
- Know and follow company policies and procedures.
- Complete required training on time (includes Master Control, live company trainings, New Employee Orientation, etc.)
Must be able to sit at a desk on a computer for 90% of the day and be standing or walking 10% of the day. Minimal lifting required.