Sales Support Specialist
At Nelson Laboratories, A Sotera Health Company, our employees become part of an industry-leading, global provider of laboratory testing and consulting services; dedicated to the mission of helping the best companies in the world improve the quality of life by providing the highest standard in laboratory testing.
Our employees receive: competitive pay, boundless growth and learning opportunities, full benefits, tuition reimbursement, PTO, etc.....
Because Every Employee Matters we offer comprehensive training programs, mentorship, innovative lab practices, and a culture of employee collaboration.
The Sales Support Specialist is responsible for supporting the Sales Relationship Managers by ensuring our clients understand and receive the correct information about testing with Nelson Labs. This position helps guide our clients through our processes with professionalism and a customer focused mind-set.
Essential Job Duties
- Coordinate sample submission forms and project details between Nelson Labs and clients
- Utilize our CRM system for contacting leads and other activities; recording and tracking client activity
- Prepare and coordinate price quotations with Relationship Managers and clients
- Schedule conference calls with the Relationship Manager and Lab staff as needed
- Support the Relationship Managers during travel, PTO, etc. by managing incoming emails, calls, and sponsor visits
- Provide client research and internal data collection for proactive sales activities
- Coordinate with clients and the laboratory sections regarding sample tracking and test status.
- Work with the Relationship Manager and Accounting to resolve customer billing issues.
- Maintain and improve relationships within Nelson Labs
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, utilizing good social skills, cultural awareness and a customer service mind-set; showing good verbal and written communication skills including legible handwriting.
- Willingness to learn technical aspects of microbiology/medical device testing
- Proven capability to promote, sell and close business, providing value propositions to clients
- Ability to follow directions, be organized, have good time management skills and ability to follow up in a timely manner ensuring we follow through on projects
- Proficient in the following technologies:
- CRM experience
- MS Office Tools
- Outlook, Excel, etc.
- Shortel/Open Voice Conference call ability
- Professionalism, Accountability and Positively representing Nelson Laboratories
- Multi-lingual ability preferred
High School Diploma or Equivalent
5 year of customer service/sales; or
AA/BS degree(s) with prove sales and customer service skills
Must be able to stand/walk for 10% of the day and 90% of the day sitting at a desk or on the computer.
Must be able to occasionally lift a maximum of 45lbs. This position also may be required to enter lab areas and must comply with all regulations and safety guidelines to ensure safety of themselves and others.