At Nelson Laboratories, a Sotera Health Company, our employees are part of an industry-leading, global provider of sterility assurance, medical device evaluation services and expert advisory services.
Our employees receive competitive pay, growth and learning opportunities, insurance benefits, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, time-off and the opportunity to attend many company-sponsored employee and family events.
Nelson Labs employees play a critical role in reaching our mission of: Safeguarding Global Health.
The Report Specialist creates and compiles the company's final product (report) using preapproved templates in Microsoft Word that detail the testing performed at Nelson Laboratories, LLC (NL). Free-writing is very limited, if at all. Job is more complex than "data entry" and may require interpretation of data. Responsible for balancing quality, accuracy and prompt/timely completion of the final product by having a central departmental focus to ensure appropriate consistencies across multiple tests. Required to serve our customers with the highest importance.
Essential Job Duties
- Have adequate knowledge and training to perform job functions
- Type, review, process, and perform corrections on all final report types
- Prepare letters, preliminary results and raw data, as needed
- Meet quality expectations of the team (rework)
- Participate in resource sharing, as assigned
- Demonstrate NL core values
- Effectively resolve problems in a timely manner
- Utilize multiple computer systems at the same time
Organization / Time Management:
- Maintain weekly 5S (cleanliness and organization of space)
- Complete tasks on time, as assigned
- Respond to all communications in a timely manner (e.g., customer inquiries, voicemails, emails, etc.)
- For non-traditional shift, as applicable: Coordinate with supervisor to ensure proper coverage of business hours and workload coverage
Continuous Improvement (Kaizen):
- Recommend applicable process improvements of job and customer service efforts
- Anticipate new challenges and develop creative solutions to address them
- May participate in the reporting training committee (RTC)
- Know and follow applicable regulatory requirements (e.g., GMP, GLP, ISO, etc.)
- Know and follow company and department policies, procedures, mission, vision, and values
- Follow quality best practices to meet regulatory and customer requirements
- Complete required training on time (e.g., Master Control, live company trainings, New Employee Orientation, etc.)
Perform other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent. Previous office and customer service experience is preferred.
- Data entry and interpretation (sorting and identifying relevant information to be reported)
- Basic math, such as rounding and significant figures
- Effectively prioritize tasks and budget time to meet completion deadline(s)
- Multi-task and be self-motivated
- For nontraditional shift, as applicable: work with minimal or no supervision
- Balance a fluctuating work load while maintaining high quality and timely delivery
- Attention to detail
- Honesty and integrity, doing the right thing even when no one is watching
- Proofreading skills
- Reporting skills, as determined by supervisor. When established in role, ability and knowledge to type any report on current team
Computer / Keyboarding:
- Demonstrate typing at a minimum of 50 wpm with 90% accuracy (best out of three)
- Proficient at 10-key
- Internet search usage
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, CRM, etc.)
- Ask questions and provide feedback in an effort to clarify mutual expectations
- Seek advice on tasks and responsibilities, when needed
- Contribute to a positive atmosphere, leaving negativity outside the workplace
- Verbal and written communication skills follow or relay information and status
- Internal customer service skills
Behavior / Traits, as determined by supervisor:
- Demonstrate professionalism (e.g., attire, language, attitude, respect, attendance, work ethic, 5S, etc.)
- Reliable/dependable adhere to schedule set with supervisor and maintain regular and reliable attendance
- Accountable accept ownership of job performance and mistakes
- Team-focused participate willingly, ability to contribute independently and through the team to meet goals and deadlines, demonstrate teamwork, actively participate in team interactions
- Results-focused deliver product at a required time, cost and quality
- Demonstrate initiative recognize areas for improvement and needs of the team
Must be able to spend up to 95% of scheduled shift sitting at a desk on a computer and the remaining time standing or walking. This position may require occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs.