At Nelson Laboratories, a Sotera Health Company, our employees are part of an industry-leading, global provider of sterility assurance, medical device evaluation services and expert advisory services.
Our employees receive competitive pay, growth and learning opportunities, insurance benefits, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, time-off and the opportunity to attend many company-sponsored employee and family events.
Nelson Labs employees play a critical role in reaching our mission of: Safeguarding Global Health.
Education and experience requirements:
Minimum 18 years old with a High School Diploma or equivalent. AS or BS in business management or equivalent experience preferred. Demonstrated proficiency in order processing or applicable experience. Completion of a supervisor course preferred.
The supervisor assists the Sr. Lab Operations manager. The key responsibility of the Supervisor is to supervise direct reports, workflow and project management within the department. Acts a supervisor, ensuring that proper employee coverage and training needs are met. They assist with metrics and quality improvements. This a working supervisor role, job description is in addition to employee's regular duties.
- Coordinate with the Sr. Lab Operations Manager to ensure coverage for business hours
- Coordinate with the department leader to execute the process improvements within department and cross functionally
- Supervise workflow and ensure resources and personnel are adequate to meet the requirements of the client.
- Meet regularly with team to assess resource needs
- Ensure adequate cross-training within the department to effectively manage changes in workflow.
- Coordinate with workflow with other supervisors
- Maintain and monitor production and quality metrics in accordance to NL performance goals
- Recommend enhancements to improve customer service
- Develop and implement process improvements to increase efficiencies and reduce waste.
- Ensure company-side communications are disseminated to the appropriate personnel.
- Ensure the NL service standard is known and practiced within the section.
- Act as a subject matter expert (SME) for the team and knowledgeable of NL departments/systems
- Effectively resolve problems in a timely manner with little or no supervision
- Assist in training others on understanding interrelated systems
- Supervise and conduct career development reviews for employees
- Recognize employee's accomplishments
- Perform one on one meetings, establishing objective guideline for annual review
- Manage personnel issues and provide timely feedback/reinforcement on performance
- Ensure personnel have adequate knowledge and training to perform their job functions.
- Ensure personnel receive and complete required training in a timely manner
- Ensure personnel know and follow company policies and procedures.
- Assist with the day to day order processing and/or discrepancy processing as outlined in Sr. job descriptions
- Know and follow applicable regulatory requirements (GMP, GLP, ISO, etc.).
- Know and follow company policies and procedures.
- Complete required training on time.
- Attend work regularly and reliably.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Competencies of this position
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow written instructions
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Legible handwriting
- Customer service skills
- Project management skills
- Basic math skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Computer skills: knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently
- Delegation and follow up skills
- Leadership skills
- Passion for development of others
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Human Resources and the laws applicable to supervising
- Time management must be able to respond to voicemails, emails, other communications, projects and expectations of role in a timely manner.
This job operates in a laboratory and office type environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, keyboards, computer mouse, telephones, photocopiers, and scanners. It also involves receiving packages and working on a receiving dock.
- PPE required daily including lab coat, safety glasses, socks, closed toed shoes. Gloves and masks occasionally.
- May occasionally work in temperatures above 95 degrees and below 32 degrees.
- May occasionally walk on slippery dock surfaces.
- May climb ladders and work off of elevated dock area.
- Must be able to move/traverse 60% of the day and remain in a stationary sitting/standing position at a desk while using a computer, keyboard, computer mouse and phone 40% of the day.
- This position moves or lifts items greater than 45lbs on a daily basis.
- Wear personal protective equipment such as lab coats, safety glasses, socks and closed toed shoes, gloves, facemasks
- Climb up and down ladder.