At Nelson Laboratories, a Sotera Health Company, our employees are part of an industry-leading, global provider of sterility assurance, medical device evaluation services and expert advisory services.
Our employees receive competitive pay, growth and learning opportunities, insurance benefits, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, time-off and the opportunity to attend many company-sponsored employee and family events.
Nelson Labs employees play a critical role in reaching our mission of: Safeguarding Global Health.
The Order Processing Specialist I is responsible for delivery of samples to the lab. This position also triages and logs in samples by verifying all information is correct, assembles data-packs, and assigns bar code label to samples and data-packs.
Essential Job Duties
- Receive all incoming boxes and verify count
- Carefully open boxes without damaging samples.
- Assign correct priority number to box according to tests requested on submission form per the current Login Priority list
- Verify all information on submission form with samples, including sample ID and count, test code and description of test, storage condition, STAT or GLP etc.
- Make copies of submission form for each test requested if necessary
- Fill out login checklist with all information required, and use appropriate stamps
- Properly package samples for delivery to lab
- Attach bar code lab number to samples and all paperwork in datapack
- Identify discrepancies and follow correct procedure
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Deliver samples to appropriate locations in each lab
- Organize samples and datapacks for delivery
- Match samples and datapacks
- Ensure timely delivery of all temperature sensitive samples
- Track all deliveries on spreadsheet and initial with date and time for traceability
- Deliver to correct storage condition location in each lab
- Know and follow applicable regulatory requirements (GMP, GLP, ISO, etc.)
- Know and follow company policies and procedures
- Complete required training on time
Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Qualifications
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Completed a High School diploma or equivalency
- Ability to work quickly and accurately
- Ability to type 35-40 WPM including 10 Key (accuracy is more important than speed)
- Ability to follow written instructions
- Basic math required such as addition and subtraction
- Must be able to multi-task and be self-motivated
- Computer skills: knowledge of Microsoft Office, email and internet usage
- Time Management must be able to respond to voicemails, emails and other communications in a timely manner
- Must have verbal and written communication skills: good verbal communication a must, proficiency in writing techniques a plus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team