At Nelson Laboratories, a Sotera Health Company, our employees are part of an industry-leading, global provider of laboratory testing and consulting services; dedicated to the mission of helping the best companies in the world improve the quality of life by providing the highest standard in laboratory testing.
Our employees receive competitive pay, growth and learning opportunities, insurance benefits, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays and PTO, and the opportunity to attend many company-sponsored employee and family events.
Safeguarding Global Health. It's what we do!
Responsible to plan, direct, and coordinate the design, build, and installation of all computer infrastructures to ensure the stable operation of the organizations IT assets. This includes development, configuration, maintaining, supporting, and optimization all new and existing computer infrastructures. Provide and maintain system infrastructures including, internal systems, virtualized systems and cloud systems. Strong background in Microsoft related technologies, including O365.
Essential Job Duties
Engineering tasks (75%) and Management of Microsoft Infrastructure team (25%)
- Manage day to day operations of the Infrastructure Engineering team including directing staff who support server infrastructure, computing, information security, and other IT functions across multiple sites.
- Participate in implementation and maintenance related projects
- Maintain a team environment that is responsive to user needs, requests and issues
- Participate with the design, monitoring and maintenance of a secure and stable technology environment
- Ensure continuous delivery of IT services and keep mission critical systems operational
- Refine and maintain disaster recovery plan
- Manage and ensure the effectiveness of all servers, including Lab equipment.
- Oversee the administration of, permissions, access rights, and standard server build criteria.
- Facility daily Scrum stand-up meetings with the Engineering team
- Evaluate vendors and products, recommend purchases, and participate in purchase negotiations with external vendors
- Participate in an on call rotation
- Understand and enforce FDA Driven 21 CFR part 11
- Understand and follow applicable regulatory requirements (GMP, GLP, ISO, etc.).
- Ensure an effective information security program, including policies, standards and guidelines
- Select, train, develop and retain staff, provide coaching and mentoring. Ensure technology staff has skill sets that address current and emergent needs
- Work with IT management to define training goals based on departmental and technology goals.
- Ensure that personnel have adequate training that complies with IT training standards
- Complete required training on time (includes MasterControl, live company trainings, New Employee Orientation, etc.)
Education, Experience and Technical Skills
B.S. in Computer Science (or equivalent) and 8 years of applicable experience in Infrastructure Engineering
- Project planning/leading
- Personnel management
- Business continuity planning & recovery
- Business process mapping & automation
- Embraces LEAN principles
- Knowledgeable in ITIL process and procedures
- Microsoft Active Directory (GPO, DNS, Security, OU, Design, Configuration etc.
- Microsoft Exchange and Office 365 hybrid deployments. Basic IIS management
- VMWare, VCenter, VSphereand traditional backup technologies
- Windows Server general system design, implementation and administration
- Continuity planning / Disaster recovery processes
- Strong documentation skills (SOP's, Work Instructions, Visio diagrams)
- Setup, configure, upgrade, and monitor the performance of company servers, and other equipment related to the infrastructure, i.e. load balancers and other appliances.
- Strong troubleshooting skills. Continuously review and monitor the production and test environments for space availability and performance.
- Provide for system recovery, light database administration (MS-SQL), troubleshoot application problems and implement disaster-recovery on an on-going basis. Other duties as assigned
- Project management
- Basic Scripting Knowledge (PowerShell, batch)
- Networking concepts and protocols like DNS, DHCP, VTP and NTP
- Azure or other cloud computing platforms
- PKI including MS Cert Services
The physical demands described here are a representation of those that must be met to perform the essential job functions:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary sitting/standing position at a desk while using a computer monitor and keyboard, computer mouse and telephone 90% of the day.
- Move/traverse 10% of the day.
- Occasional bending, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Occasionally lift and/or move 45+ pounds.
This job operates in a professional office and lab environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, keyboards, computer mouse, telephones, photocopiers, projectors and file cabinets. This role occasionally enters into the lab to perform work.
Travel: Some domestic and international travel will be required (~4 6 times a year)