At Nelson Laboratories, a Sotera Health Company, our employees are part of an industry-leading, global provider of laboratory testing and consulting services; dedicated to the mission of helping the best companies in the world improve the quality of life by providing the highest standard in laboratory testing.
Our employees receive competitive pay, growth and learning opportunities, insurance benefits, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays and PTO, and the opportunity to attend many company-sponsored employee and family events.
Safeguarding Global Health. It's what we do. So we offer our employees comprehensive training programs, mentorship, innovative lab practices, and a culture of employee collaboration.
The Media Production Team Lead is responsible for overseeing the production, work flow, and resource needs to ensure laboratory demands are met. The Media Production Team Lead is responsible for troubleshooting problems that arise and works with management to identify and implement process changes to improve quality, processes, and procedures. This role may also include supervisory responsibilities as needed.
Essential Job Duties
Manage daily production
- Manage work flow to meet or exceed customer turn-around-time expectations.
- Point of contact for laboratory staff requests and problem solving.
- Must act as the director of the shift. This would include conducting the start of shift planning, overseeing the completion of the daily and weekly tasks, coordinating breaks and time off, and providing on-the-line support as needed.
- Must practice good decision making on issues that arise during the shift. This would include gathering enough information about the issue, communicating with the appropriate people when possible, and taking necessary precautions to prevent the loss of process control.
- Must regularly observe production or processing in order to uphold the highest quality product.
- Must regularly observe production or processing in order to recognize inefficiencies in systems; then create and follow through with projects for process improvements.
- Support front-line employee ideas and implementation.
- Career development, training, and service to front-line employees.
- Participate in the interviewing process.
- Support career development initiatives in collaboration with the Department Manager and Training Specialist.
- Participate in failure investigations and complete quality event records as needed.
- Building a strong team and working to resolve internal issues quickly.
- Follow good housekeeping practices in all areas.
- Know and follow applicable regulatory requirements (GMP, GLP, ISO, etc).
- Know and follow company policies and procedures.
- Complete required training on time (includes MasterControl, live company trainings, etc.).
Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Skills Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership and customer service skills.
We also look for:
- Legible handwriting
- Basic math and computer skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated, organized, and able to multi-task
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Thrive in a fast paced team environment
- Able to communicate instructions clearly and delegate
- Able to manage time effectively
- Timely responses to all forms of communication
- Reliable and reliable attendance required
- Punctuality required
- Some shift flexibility may be required
- Required to stand and traverse 90% of the work day.
- Bending, stooping and crouching.
- Hand dexterity; able to grip bottles with both hands.
- Ability to have full body movement required.
- Occasional push and pull tasks with one or both hands
- Push loaded carts and cages (50-200 lbs.)
- Must be able to perform a normal lift repetitively (sometimes overhead) and/or move up to 45 pounds
- Must be able to work while wearing personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, goggles, face shields, gloves, lab coats, and other personal protective equipment deemed necessary to protect the employee from various hazards, wastes, etc.
This job operates in a professional laboratory environment. The environment can be warm and humid. This role routinely uses standard office equipment and lab equipment including, but not limited to: computers, keyboards, computer mouse, telephones, photocopiers, pipette aids, and various hand tools.
The possibility exists for exposure to biological and chemical hazards, exposure to carcinogenic compounds and other environmental aspects which may be considered unfavorable. Employee is expected to follow Biosafety and Chemical Hygiene policies, practices, and procedures.