At Nelson Laboratories, a Sotera Health Company, our employees are part of an industry-leading, global provider of laboratory testing and consulting services; dedicated to the mission of helping the best companies in the world improve the quality of life by providing the highest standard in laboratory testing.
Our employees receive competitive pay, growth and learning opportunities, insurance benefits, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays and PTO, and the opportunity to attend many company-sponsored employee and family events.
Safeguarding Global Health. It's what we do!
The Human Resources Generalist works to support the HR Business Partners as they partner with leaders to accomplish the talent management goals of the business. The HR Generalist will guide employees through benefits and other questions. They will carry out a variety of HR transactions related to recruiting, onboarding, training, and other areas of focus for the HR Department. This role will process employee departures to ensure clear communication with employees regarding termination of benefits, etc. Each HR Generalist will also be assigned additional special projects on an as needed basis.
Education and experience requirements:
Bachelor degree in a relevant field and 2-3 years HR Generalist experience
Associate degree or 2 years' equivalent education and 3-5 years HR Generalist experience
- Guide employees on general benefits and other questions
- Manage employee files with the correct document retention practices
- Save employee discipline and other sensitive documentation appropriately within the employee's file
- Act as the SME for any assigned HR focus areas
- Experience with FMLA leave administration is required
- Recruiting support experience is also preferred
HR Business Partner Coordination Employee Change Processing:
- Upload new and updated job descriptions and archive retired job descriptions within the document control system
- Assess approval of internal applications
- HR Request Form processing with accurate employee profile updates in the HR system for the following transactions:
- Coordinate with the Talent Acquisition team to draft new hire offer letters, for both internal and external candidates
- Draft placement letters for Lab Analysts as they move from their introductory period to their assigned lab department
- Create shift change letters and collaborate with the payroll team to ensure accurate pay differentials updates
- Process direct report changes as approved by the HR Business Partner and department leadership
- Develop offer letters for employee department transfers
- Draft offer letters for approved promotions and pay adjustments
New Employee Onboarding and Orientation:
- Once the formal offer is accepted, work with new employees to obtain the necessary onboarding documents
- Ensure that the new employee profiles are accurate within the HR system
- Partner with the Training Department to train new employees on using the HR system and in benefits enrollment
Employee Departure Support:
- Track voluntary and involuntary terminations for data trending purposes
- Schedule and conduct the exit interview process with all employees that leave the company
- Ensure that systems access and other termination processing items are carried out appropriately
- Upon departure, update the employee's file and change the employee's profile within the HR system