Wage information: Negotiable
Reports to: CEO
Education: Bachelor's degree
Experience: 8+years similar experience in business operations
Location: Salt Lake City, UT - no remote office option available
Required travel: Some
Correspondence: E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org only. NO CALLS OR DROP-INS accepted.
Schedule: Full time: Monday Friday 8:00am 5:00pm
Monnit Corporation designs, engineers, manufactures, markets and sells a comprehensive line of low-cost remote monitoring solutions for a global portfolio of small/medium business (SMB) and enterprise companies. We are currently seeking an experienced Director of Business Operations whose primary responsibilities are to monitor, manage and improve business process.
- Fostering a positive employee relations environment through building a culture where employees are motivated and actively engaged in driving continuous improvement in the business.
- Championing lean manufacturing initiatives in a manner that will support continued cost reductions, waste reductions, process automation, quality improvements, and on-time delivery.
- Collaboratively working with the leadership team to establish a road map that will be used for capital, labor, and facility requirements.
- Ensuring that products are delivered on-time to customers and that products meet all customer expectations regarding quality and performance.
- Establishing performance metrics, standards, and measurements for direct reports and the operation as a whole. Regularly monitoring their performance through timely performance reviews to create/enhance operational efficiencies and improve performance and productivity.
- Providing leadership and setting clarity of direction to the Operations organization. Creating and communicating a vision for the operation. Developing and executing the Operations' strategic plans. Assigning responsibilities for tasks and results; setting clear goals and objectives. Monitoring and measuring performance to plan. Delivering timely, objective, and actionable feedback on performance to plan. Training, developing, and mentoring reporting personnel to provide promotable candidates for Monnit Corp.
- Directs and monitors department managers to accomplish goals of the manufacturing plan, consistent with established manufacturing and safety procedures. Acts as liaison between department management/subordinate levels, as well as executive/department manager levels to inform personnel of communications, decisions, policies and all matters that affect their performance, attitudes and results.
- Identifies, recommends and implements changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap, monitor scrap and rework data. Directs the establishment, implementation and maintenance of production standards. Directs and coordinates various programs essential to manufacturing procedures (e.g., training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, worker involvement, security, etc.).
- Initiates and coordinates major projects (e.g., plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.).
- Performance Management
- Project Management
- Technical Capacity
- Stress Management/Composure
- Business Acumen
- Problems Solving/Analysis
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
This position manages all employees in sales operations, manufacturing/production, testing, quality and shipping. A production manager is in place to assist Dir of Business Operations on the manufacturing/production side of the business.
This job operates in a professional office environment. The employee will occasionally be exposed to a variety of extreme conditions. The noise level on the production floor will sometimes be loud.
Required Experience and Education
BA/BS in industrial, manufacturing or business administration, or a 4-year technical degree in related discipline.
8+ years of experience in manufacturing management, preferably in a process-oriented operations and/or related industry. A minimum of 5 years of experience managing a significant segment of a large manufacturer or the entire operation of a smaller manufacturer.
Preferred experience in working with manufacturing based technology, processes and principles.