At Nelson Laboratories, a Sotera Health Company, our employees are part of an industry-leading, global provider of sterility assurance, medical device evaluation services and expert advisory services.
Our employees receive competitive pay, growth and learning opportunities, insurance benefits, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, time-off and the opportunity to attend many company-sponsored employee and family events.
Nelson Labs employees play a critical role in reaching our mission of: Safeguarding Global Health.
The Customer Success Manager is responsible for the overall successful engagement between key strategic customers and Nelson Labs, including organizing and ensuring the completion of large projects, tracking KPIs, leading business reviews, and identifying opportunities to improving operational excellence. This person will work closely between the Sales and Lab departments. The measurement of success for this position will be on-going loyalty and growth from assigned strategic accounts. The Customer Success Manager will seek ways to improve efficiencies and sustain strong relationships across Nelson Labs, including Sales and Lab departments, to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction. The Customer Success Manager Sales will report to the Project Management Supervisor.
Education and experience requirements:
- Bachelor's degree (life sciences preferred) or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Strong problem-solving skills and resourcefulness
- 5+ years experience in a customer facing project manager role
- Experience in delivering high quality and service to strategic accounts
- Proven track record managing multiple concurrent and highly complex projects
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to set direction and execute project plans
Expectations and outcomes of this position:
- Increase the loyalty, retention, and growth of large strategic accounts by facilitating the completion of complex projects and improving the efficiency at which those accounts do business with Nelson Labs.
- Coordinate communication between the Lab Operations department and the customer regarding complex projects
- Successfully on-board new, complex projects and develop processes that allow the Lab Operations department to fully own the project, and coordinate the overall account relationship, including periodic business reviews involving the customer and our own sales representatives..
- Coordinate all post-sales activities for strategic customers, allowing Sales to focus on new sales opportunities
Essential job functions:
- Utilize project management best practices to ensure project success and customer satisfaction and continued loyalty
- Develop strategic account loyalty and success plans and work with Sales and Lab Operations leadership to determine project complexity level, ownership and communication requirements, and necessary human resources required to ensure customer success
- Track personal bandwidth and project status and coordinate with Project Management Supervisor to ensure optimized workloads
- Team Coordination
- Work with Sales and lab scientists to coordinate and complete projects
- Organize data to communicate project status and overall customer success to internal and external stakeholders
- Present project and overall relationship status to the customer and relevant Nelson Labs teams
- Customer Communication
- Provide status updates for sponsors as well as ongoing communication regarding studies
- Facilitates collaboration of internal staff as needed to complete projects
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction through creative problem solving
- Continually build a knowledge base of our client's business objectives
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Know and follow applicable regulatory requirements (GMP, GLP, ISO, etc.).
- Know and follow company policies and procedures.
- Complete required training on time.
- Attend work regularly and reliably.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Competencies of this position:
- Project Management Skills
- Customer Service Skills
- Strong Communication Skills
- Computer skills general knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Time Management Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Able to multi-task and be self-motivated
This job operates in a professional office and laboratory environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, keyboards, computer mouse, telephones, photocopiers, projectors and file cabinets.
Occasional travel during the business day. Some out-of-the area and overnight travel may be expected. May be required to attend trade shows, seminars and conferences in addition to sales travel.
Must be able to stand/walk for 10% of the day and 90% of day able to sit at a desk or work on the computer. Must be able to occasionally lift a maximum of 50lbs.