Moxtek is an advanced research company focused on the design and manufacturing of high performance X-ray and optical components. Our optical components are used in projection display, head-mounted display for virtual and augmented reality, and many other commercial and scientific applications.
Job Summary: Develop and grow Moxtek's core business. Develop new products by identifying potential opportunities, assess market research, generate product requirements, determine specifications, define production timetables, establish pricing, and develop marketing strategies. Work closely with the development team through the phase gate process.
Product Manager Job Duties and Competencies:
- Determine customer requirements within Moxtek manufacturing capabilities.
- Possess technical expertise to discuss applications with key customers.
- Recommend the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Obtains product market share by working with sales director to develop product sales strategies.
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers with salespeople and evaluating sales call results.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product roadmaps, and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
- Prioritize projects based on market potential and work with engineering and R&D to develop new products in a timely manner.
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production.
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Product Manager Skills and Qualifications
Product Management, People Management, Understanding the Customer, Product Development, Requirements Analysis, Pricing, Planning, Competitive Analysis, Sales Planning, Financial Planning and Strategy
Education and Experience
- BS degree in Optics or Physics, or equivalent with MBA MS or PhD in Optics or Physics
- 3-5 years Product Management experience in optical or related fields