If your professional passion for IT project management could be described as an obsession for improving business results through process improvement let's talk!
This NEW position at Control4 provides you the opportunity to add immediate value to business critical initiatives within our IT Business Systems, Data Services, Infrastructure, and Cyber Security. By partnering with cross-departmental teams to conduct requirement analysis, and leading collaborative discussions about functional and technical design, you'll be instrumental in taking our existing process to the next level of functionality. We'll be leaning on your to help us define what project management will look like at Control4.
Your independent, ambitious nature will help you drive projects while your collaborative people, and process, management skills will help everyone feel valued and heard. If you care deeply about creating phenomenal experiences, making challenges simple, and helping deliver IT products that make a positive impact to conducting business and ultimately improves smart homes worldwide, Control4 may be the place for you.
ITEMIZED DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Lead project teams using a flexible approach drawing on best practice from agile, waterfall, common sense, and other methods for effective delivery (on time and above expectations)
- Be amazing in terms of communication skills, strong EQ, and ability to motivate others toward a common goal
- Create, document, and communicate project requirements, plans, and status
- Exemplify and build a consistent track record of making a positive difference in projects
NEEDED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of corporate business processes and procedures
- Applies advanced Project Management principles, theories and concepts
- Contributes to the development of new Project Management principles and theories
- Forecasts new Project Management technology, using knowledge of principles, and provides business direction based on those principles
- Negotiates complex Project situations which result in positive outcomes for both parties.
- Effectively organizes and leads small Project Management teams in high-pressure situations
- Works on exceedingly complex problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious
- Understands several technology areas
- Effectively manages Project Management problem solving and business communications in high-pressure situations
- Works under minimal direction toward predetermined, long-range goals
- Provides input to key technical resources at critical points in the corporate-level decision-making process about long-range technical objectives
- Uncovers and resolves problems associated with the development and implementation of existing programs
- Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results
- Track record of investing yourself in Project Management education in the classroom, through certification, or independent learning
- Master's Degree and 8 years' industry experience OR Bachelor's Degree/Bachelor's Seeking with Project Management Competencies and 10 years industry experience OR 12 years industry experience
- Consistently demonstrates needed skills and experience
ADDITIONAL DESIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Successfully managed projects including IT Business Systems, Data Services, Infrastructure, and Cyber Security
- Has personally changed IT processes, methods, and culture for the better