Develops, implements, and maintains assigned product lines. Works closely with members of the marketing department, sales, sales support and operations to ensure continuity in product offering and company goals.
1. Directs and performs all aspects of product development, product changes and product promotions including development procedures, specifying components, packaging and header design, product positioning, pricing, catalog and application/product data sheets, training aides and point of purchase merchandisers.
2. Develop business cases for product development.
3. Manage and communicate sales information and product changes both internally and externally.
4. Regularly perform pricing and competitive analysis by customer channel and recommend strategies to improve market position, improve quality or reduce costs.
5. Generate ideas for new product development & liaison with R&D. Maintain product 2-3 year roadmap, develop product and market strategy, develop product line business plan (profitability).
6. Assist sales with tradeshows and collateral materials to market products.
7. Present posters on relevant product topics at tradeshows.
8. Develop and maintain product database with product requirements and specifications, artwork and catalog copy for dealer co-op advertising and catalogs programs, define features/functions and product benefits.
9. Establish and maintain relationships with vendors to help facilitate the timely completion of projects
10. Train the sales force.
11. Create NSO production requests for non-standard purchase orders.
12. Other duties as assigned
1. Manage the Idea-to-Market Delivery process for new products as a Project Manager
a. Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan; work with all departments to execute and over-see Phase Review Process.
2. Manage the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities.
3. Develop strategies for competing technologies and threats to Moxtek.
Education and Experience:
1. BS in Engineering, Physics, Optics, Optical Engineering, Electro-Optics, Opto-mechanics or equivalent work experience
2. MBA a plus
3. 5+ years' experience in optics field preferred
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
1. Clearly communicate with customers, engineers, scientists, about expectations, needs, and schedules in verbal and written form.
2. Understand polarization of light and its applications.
3. Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and SAS JMP
4. Good organizational skills